Effective as of November 18, 2016
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. In order for you to access our Services, we require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes your name and e-mail address, and, if applicable, for BetterDoctor account registration using your social networking accounts, your social media account log-in information.
If you communicate with us by e-mail or post messages to our social media accounts, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. Please note that BetterDoctor DOES NOT store your email password on our servers. When you use or register for our Service or otherwise interact with us, we may collect the following information from our users that may, in certain circumstances, constitute personal data:
- Your legal name;
- Your email address;
- Gender; Date of Birth
- Information relating to your medical practice, including but not limited to:
- office street address, office email address, office hours, office phone and fax numbers, accepted insurance and health plans.
- BetterDoctor account user name and account setting preferences;
- BetterDoctor account password;
- Your credit card, billing address and other billing related information, where applicable;
- Social media account log-in info, where applicable;
- Information concerning your use of the Service;
- Permits and consents; and
- Other data obtained under the user’s consent.
(b) NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. When you visit and interact on the Site or Services, certain information is collected automatically, including:
- Non-Identifying Information: We collect other non-identifying information you provide when you visit the Site or use the Services. (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other BetterDoctor clients to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Site and Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- Log Data: When you visit the Site and Service, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user (any of these, a “BetterDoctor User”), our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site and Service, pages of our Site and Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site and Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site and Service’s technical administration, to increase our Site and Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Site and Service to our visitors’ needs. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
(d) WEB BEACONS. Our Site and Service may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site and Service are used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of User communications and marketing campaigns.
(e) LOCATION. We may collect and store information about your location if you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with such information.
2.2. THIRD PARTY ENTITIES WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We do not rent, share, sell or trade Personal Contact Information (e.g. Email) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. That said, we work with third parties and they may have access to some of your information:
(A) ANALYTICS SERVICES. We may use third party analytics services in connection with the Services. For example, we may use services to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, recording calls, scrolling activity, as well as any text that you type into the Services (collectively, “Traffic Data”). These analytics services will not collect Personal Information that you do not voluntarily enter. These services will not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We are using the information collected from these services to find usability problems to make the Services easier to use. Should we decide to use any third party analytics services that track or collect Personal Information, we will provide you with advance notice.
(B) DEVELOPERS. We make our API available to developers to create medical provider data products. By registering with BetterDoctor and/or using our Doctor self-verification services you give us permission to share your contact information with third party developers.
(C) HEALTH PLANS. Health Plans use our Services to validate, update and otherwise manage their medical provider data. By registering with BetterDoctor and/or using our Doctor self-verification services you give us permission to share your contact information with health plans, insurance carriers and other third parties that have an interest in the management of medical provider data.
(D) OUTSOURCING. We outsource some of our technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing functions, and other services to third parties. We may share information from or about you with them so that they can perform their services.
3. INFORMATION REQUIRED/USED FOR ACCOUNT CREATION
Using the Services offered on the Site requires the registering with the Service and creating an account. We may store the information you submit to the Service in the creation of an account, or through your use of the Services. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide Service functionality, improve Service quality, personalize your experience, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, send messages to you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, and comply with legal obligations. Among the information you submit to or through the Services, please note:
3.1 ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
You must provide a valid email address in order to sign up for an account through the Services. In addition, you may provide us with your (1) full name, (2) phone number, (3) address, and (4) insurance data (such as insurance carrier and insurance plan). When you sign up for a BetterDoctor account, we opt you in to receive emails from BetterDoctor by default. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving required administrative or legal notices. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by sending email to email@example.com.
3.2 ACCESSING BETTERDOCTOR VIA THIRD PARTY SERVICE
You can also sign up by logging into online accounts you may have with third party service providers (e.g. Doximity, henceforth “Third Party Service”); each such account, a “Third Party Account”, via our Services as described below. As part of the functionality of the Services, you may link your BetterDoctor Account with Third Party Accounts, by allowing BetterDoctor to access your Third Party Account, to the extent permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account. If you chose to login through a Third Party Account, the login process will be governed by the terms and conditions imposed by the applicable Third Party Service.
You can connect your BetterDoctor account to Third Party Accounts, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the Third Party Account. We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers. We may use the information to pre-populate your account registration information or identify others you may know or wish to invite to join the Services.
5. CHILDREN & MINORS
Company’s Site and corresponding Services are not intended for, or designed to attract, any individuals under the age of 18. BetterDoctor does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from ANY person we actually know is an individual under the age of 18, regardless of parental consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
6. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
As a registered User of the Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. Upon your request, BetterDoctor will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your account and the Personal Information in your profile; however, it may be impossible to remove your account without some residual information being retained by BetterDoctor. When you delete your account, you understand that removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
For example, while we will remove your account profile and the ability for others to contact you through the Services or access your Personal Information, some of your information may be retained in the individual pages for health care providers as a result of data validation and data verification services performed for and/or with third parties. Such information may be in aggregate form, such as data pertaining to a particular health care provider’s services’ availability with a particular health plan or insurance policy.
Registered users who wish to close their account should request removal by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SUCCESSOR IN INTEREST
If we incorporate, messaging into the Services, and you exchange messages with others through the Services, we may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them. Many communications you initiate through BetterDoctor (e.g., an invitation sent to a non-User) will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will not list the people to whom you’re directly connected. If you send information from the Services to your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. We will not charge you for sending information to your phone, but carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
9. HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS: HIPAA
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information through our Services, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Last Updated on November 18, 2016
Copyright 2016 BetterDoctor, Inc. All rights reserved.